Advertisemen
Avoiding the need for FB ads by actively commenting
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
I just launched a news aggregator that I am hoping to monetize via ads. So far I have had no luck placing ads on Facebook or boosting FB posts to promote the site, because Facebook keeps rejecting the ads/boosts for being political in nature (which I suppose they are). FB then creates many hoops to jump through before I can place any new ads, which is a tedious process.
So I am wondering if I can just bypass FB ads/boosts entirely and instead drive traffic to my site by frequently commenting (as my site) on FB, Twitter, Reddit, etc.
Of course, the comments I place are relevant, not "hey visit my site"; in fact I rarely mention my site explicitly, but people see the logo/name of the site when I comment.
I also make a point of being one of the first to comment, especially on Twitter, as that obviously makes the comments more visible.
In addition to avoiding the FB-approval vortex, it's also free.
Does anyone have any experience with this strategy?
[link] [comments]
https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
April 04, 2020 at 12:14PM