-->

Issue with FB click-to-call ads


Advertisemen


Issue with FB click-to-call ads
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

tldr; There is a huge disparity between recorded calls from call tracking and "link clicks" reported in Facebook. (33 v 1) What is causing this disparity, and is it possible for people to be clicking something besides the CTA of "call now" which is subsequently causing FB to report on "link clicks" that aren't actually CTA clicks?

Hey guys -

So I'm running a Click-to-Call campaign in Facebook for one of my clients. They provide behavior modification through in-home therapy for parents with a child on the spectrum of autism.

I have this set up as a "reach" campaign. I don't believe Facebook allows for a "call now" CTA on any other campaign optimization. I'm annoyed by that because it's optimizing for daily unique reach instead of the actual action I want people to take on the ad.

The campaign has a modest budget. Over the last few days, I'm seeing 33 "link clicks" reported by Facebook. Since the "call now" CTA isn't the only option available, and there's no actual hyperlink to any other destination, I'm assuming the bulk of these are button clicks. (I recall "button clicks" previously being a metric provided by Facebook, but I don't seem to be able to find that one now when I customize my columns...) But the issue is that the call tracking numbers are only reporting one phone call. This leads me to two conclusions:

  1. People are clicking the button, but then not calling. Why someone would have enough intent to click that button but then not actually call is beyond me.
  2. Facebook is reporting some other action as a "link click" that isn't actually a button click. This confuses me because there are literally no other links in the ad creative on all placements. When I add in "destination" as a breakdown, it gives me all kinds of weird info. Some of which are the headlines in some of the carousel cards/on a slideshow ad, some are just the client name, and there are quite a few that are the actual phone number. I looked into this and and I've found that "destination" is listed as the header of the page people land on, but why would it be listed as the headline from the copy of an ad?

My questions are these:

  1. Is there another optimization that y'all are aware of that I could use here that actually lets me optimize for what I'm looking for? (phone calls/button clicks)
  2. Is there a workaround that you're aware of even if that isn't an option?
  3. Whats the deal with the disparity between "link clicks" reported from Facebook and what call tracking is reporting?
  4. Any idea whats up with the info I'm given from breaking the reporting down by "destination?"
submitted by /u/Chademr2468
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
January 29, 2020 at 05:47PM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger