-->

Instagram page revamp in hopes of gaining more genuine followers?


Advertisemen


Instagram page revamp in hopes of gaining more genuine followers?
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hi everyone,

I've been working as a photographer in a very competitive industry for ten years now. It was very hard to break into and stay relevant in, but despite the odds, I've managed. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I know that I'm very good at what I do. That said, the marketing and social media side of things has always been where I've suffered greatly and no doubt lost lots of potential business to. I really hate to talk trash, but there are many significantly less talented photographers than me with much more substantial social media followings. I guess they're good at selling themselves and marketing- two things which I literally have no idea about. I've got just around 1k followers while some of them have 10k, 40k, 100k+ followers. I just don't get it, and believe me I'm not delusional thinking maybe my work is all that when in reality it isn't- I've got an extensive big name client list to show for it that many of these other guys could only dream of.

But anyways, I'm posting here today in hopes that you guys can help guid me in the right direction insofar as what I should be doing to flip things around and get a sizeable genuine follower base, which will in turn hopefully help draw more attention to me/my brand (which is my name) and ideally lead to more business. I chatted briefly with someone who suggested I change my display pic from one of me to one of the shots I've taken, which I already have. Additionally, he suggested I streamline the aesthetic of my page more from a format standpoint since not all my images are square and I put borders around them, which leads to the overall profile looking uneven if that makes sense- I agree with this. Lastly, he suggested a page name change, though I'll likely have to leave that out as, like I've mentioned, my name is my brand- that's how it is with photographers. Unfortunately, my name is rather long and complicated, which I understand shoots me in the foot some. In addition to these things, what should I be doing? I really want to get my social media presence up to where it deserves to be. It's always pained me seeing people with less talent who haven't worked as hard to have so many more followers. I know that makes me sound cocky and entitled, but after so many years doing what I do, I feel it's truly time for more people to know about me.

I don't know anything about social media and marketing and would really appreciate any and all help you guys can provide on this subject.

Many thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/pensivetwat
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
January 29, 2020 at 06:24PM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger