-->

Communitybased storytelling


Advertisemen


Communitybased storytelling
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hey guys, I am a student for media economics from Germany and I had an idea that just won't leave my head. I came here to ask for advice and whether you guys think it is possible to pull this off or whether I'd just dumb the idea. I am talking about an interactive movie on youtube. I know there has been several attempts on this topic and some of them even worked out quite good. More or less at least. But here is the thing: I don't want the format to be the typical "if you want John to go to the left click on video A" - thing, but rather a community driven one. A voting system in the comment section would probably be the simplest and most accessible solution to determine what direction the next video is going to take. I know it sounds like it is going to take a ton of effort and time to put in, but I am talking about short clips... like 2 to 3 minutes. So far so good. But while thinking about it I encountered 2 huge problems. The first one is: This is obviously not working while there is no active community. And a community builds up whenever you publish content and most importantly: over time. So how do you start a community driven project without a community? I think you can see where this is going at... Second one is: Lets say there is a decision and the community goes: 60:40. Don't you think I'd loose about 40% of my viewers or at least have to deal with massive amounts of dislikes on the next episode?

What do you think? Possible and pretty cool or a crapton of work for nothing at the end of the day? I would love to hear your feedback and/or recommendations. Thanks for taking the time!

submitted by /u/theghostlybeat
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
November 25, 2019 at 03:20AM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger