-->

IG: Is it necessary to stick to a grid/layout?


Advertisemen


IG: Is it necessary to stick to a grid/layout?
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I don’t mean ‘grid’ as in the newer method of multiple images posted to create 1 large visual, I just mean the pattern in which images are posted.

I’m in kind of a weird space that, to simplify, could probably best be summed-up as “men’s lifestyle”. I was previously working on a 4-post scheme, where photo 1 was category_a, photo 2 was category_b, etc, and it created a diagonal pattern. To me it was discernable, but I thought it might drive users off if it looked like a hot mess to everyone else, so I cleaned things up and created/have been using a more obvious column grid. Now column_a is fitness (gym lifts or event photos/vids), column_b is quotes on various men’s issues, and column_c is more of a miscellaneous column with things of tactical nature, leisure (cigars/bourbon), family, etc.

Is this type of pattern really necessary, or essential to growth? Since making the change, I’ve seen no increase in followers or engagement, but that also could be related to the algorithm SNAFU… The only problem with it, and the reason I ask, is because it doesn’t feel natural. Sometimes I have things I want to post, but I have to wait until “that column” comes around again, and it could be a few days to a week before I capture or think of something to fill those in-between.

Does that make sense…?

submitted by /u/gdblu
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
August 31, 2019 at 09:52AM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger