Advertisemen
responsibility of social media sites to regulate content shared through their platform?
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Am I the only one who doesn't think it is the responsibility of social media sites (e.g. FB, and Twitter) to solely and wholly regulate what content is shared through their platforms?
They do not create content, they just provide a platform to share it. If folks are sharing ugly stuff, maybe that's cause society is full of ugly schmucks and it is not the fault of the social media site? But maybe its easier to demand they do the impossible than swallow the hard pill that society is, can be, ugly as hell.
We could argue that they need to quickly act on user submitted flagging but, honestly, folks are so damn sensitive these days they'll flag anything and everything just cause they don't agree with it. And if social media sites removed content solely on flagging, their would be nothing left on the internet.
I am open to the notion that I am wrong. Would love to hear constructive, respectful* arguments/comments.
* But if you're not respectful, and are instead mean and rude, I do not expect Reddit to intervene -- I'll just ignore/downvote and let the natural order take its course.
[link] [comments]
http://bit.ly/1ODA6gd
April 10, 2019 at 03:11AM