Advertisemen
Is a degree necessary for social media marketing? How reasonable is it to freelance starting out?
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Hi guys, first time poster here! I could really use some advice from people who know more than me so here it goes haha!
I’m currently studying strategic communications at a university online, it’s okay but it’s geared more towards PR than media so it’s not exactly what I want to do.
There’s a degree at the same university nearby in digital technology and communications and it seems more in line with what I would want to do (social media marketing, media creation and editing etc.) So I have decide if I need to switch soon.
But I’ve also been thinking a lot about freelancing and finding my own clients without a degree for a long time. My end goal is to freelance anyways, so I feel like I can either start building a clientele now or in 2 years when I graduate. I’ve gone to so many schools and changed my major a ton and honestly I feel like my passion for being in college has sort of fizzled out. But if it’s necessary to have a degree for this path I will go. From what I’ve read it just seems like a field where a degree doesn’t hold as much value as experience.
So my question is, would you recommend o go for the degree? How crucial is it to have one in the field and how plausible is it to freelance with limited experience?
[link] [comments]
http://bit.ly/1ODA6gd
April 10, 2019 at 03:18AM