-->

How do I define/learn my role as a "Social Media Salesperson" rather than the traditional social media professional role?


Advertisemen


How do I define/learn my role as a "Social Media Salesperson" rather than the traditional social media professional role?
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

There is a tonne of reasons why I am doing social media management gigs even though I work as a freelance developer.

But progressively my idea of social media management has been changing.

I don't care much for an audience unless it helps to sell the business something. I try to concentrate on sales for the business and I prefer high-value engagements. But it is difficult to convey that to clients.

The first thing people ask me when they are hiring, "tell me about followers or likes, how much were you able to get?"

That is the thing. I kinda am not interested in this and those numbers are not that good either.

Then there is the problem of "professional" business asking me to do social media work. So in their minds, social media professional is about -

  1. Manage social media accounts, have roles that are similar to a VA
  2. Increase following
  3. Proves their worth somehow

Now, no problem there. But -

  • why bother increasing the following if you are a B2B SAAS or something like that?
  • Why care about if your tweets are getting liked by accounts that are not within your target demographics? *Why care about followers if you are a small business?

And "increase the following" usually does not work out if you are strictly professional and want content relevant to your business, require reviewing of the content from the owner, not have someone solely dedicated to creating up-to-standard quality content and not tweeting a hundred things a day to satisfy the all-mighty algorithm (don't fight me on this).

I am liking the idea of using social media to be used in both the inbound and the outbound sales strategy. But nobody cares for that because the KPI is hard to figure out in measuring social media sales-driven management because I am not making the sales rather I am directing people (directly or through social media links) to the website and someone on the team is making that sale.

My contribution is difficult to measure and much more difficult to explain to the next client or someone who is not my supervisor on the team.

It is a difficult pickle and my mentality is probably totally wrong.

submitted by /u/anyfactor
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
October 31, 2020 at 03:41PM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger