-->

How to grow IG authentically + Questions about Ethics


Advertisemen


How to grow IG authentically + Questions about Ethics
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hi all! I've always been in marketing but this is the first time I am managing an IG (or any social media) for business purposes. I started 1 month ago and have just under 170 followers, of which 40 are my own friends.

I haven't done too much so far except for trying to build content (post product photos I'm selling) Since I didn't want to advertise and have people come to an empty page, so I have 77 posts now. Most of my posts are products, I have 1 filler image post for every 2-3 product listing.

Last week I had a friend with 17k followers post about me, and that helped a little. a few of my friends also posted about me but I don't think those helped too much. I do think having an influencer with a relevant base post is very valuable and I hope to be able to explore that later, hoping to not spend too much money on this so will try to reach out to micro-influencers. Does anyone have any tips for this as well?

I also wonder how certain brands can afford to get someone big like Kylie Jenner post about them when they wasn't that established. It's got to be connections right?

Another thing I've been doing is following the competitor's followers, making sure they are genuine buyers and not just their friends or bots. Is this unethical? The rate of follow-back isn't great, about 5-10% for me. However, I have gotten some sales from this so it's still effective.

Also, has anyone ever been accused of copying? I witnessed some drama first hand where a crystal bracelet store accused another store of copying. Here are the similarities:

  • handmade bracelets share similar components, sometimes colours (2-3 colour combos usually, so limited), similar spacers used. I'm not sure how "original" these designs are because they're really quite simple
  • Photographed in a similar angle with similar props, which are really just some dried flowers and gold/glass accessories. so basic
  • Bracelets using collection name, but none of the collection names were copied word for word
  • Similar colour scheme/theme/filters maybe?

The store has approached the defendant and afterward posted publically about this without publically naming the store. Just wondering who is right here? And at what point is it crossing the line to copying territory?

Will be doing a giveaway next week, but aside from that, any suggestions? any insights would be great!

Thank you!

submitted by /u/faerie87
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
August 13, 2020 at 07:19PM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger