-->

Can someone explain text-thread-image memes to me?


Advertisemen


Can someone explain text-thread-image memes to me?
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I am not a social media professional myself but I can't find a specific sub to ask this question.

Can someone explain to me why my facebook feed is full of people posting/reposting memes and/or "viral" images that look like grainy, fuzzy pics of discussion threads that don't appear to have actually come from anywhere? At least once a day someone I know will post an image of what looks like a message board or a series of posts from some type of texting platform, all from different usernames with different avatars, that appear to be having a conversation with one another. I am firmly convinced that these threads don't actually exist and are just made up by "content creators" who want to make a joke or illustrate a point using the format of a message board, a twitter thread, etc. They are usually linked back to some goofy facebook page like "Southern Girls who Love Politics" or "That Toronto Life" or something.

Is this a recognizable genre or technique of social media post to any of you? (I'd post an image if I could but I suspect you'll know what I'm referring to.) Where do these things actually come from? Where are they "supposed to" have come from? (It never looks like any kind of thread I've ever seen on any real-life website or app, but I don't use every website or app.) Why do they always look like blurry screenshots from a cellphone that were re-assembled in MS Paint? Are they just random people's attempts at humor? Might there be some business purpose?

Sorry if these are kind of rudimentary questions, but this has been driving me increasingly crazy lately, like this little slice of the social media ecosystem I totally don't understand.

submitted by /u/s33k3rThr33
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
November 05, 2019 at 10:32PM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger