-->

Is it possible to be successful on social media without putting your face on it?


Advertisemen


Is it possible to be successful on social media without putting your face on it?
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

This is something that I've been musing about for a while now. It seems like most 'influencers' are just that... themselves (or "themselves" lol). Basically, they've put their face on it. Whether or not it's a blog about products, a lifestyle, or just an Instagram full of selfies, it seems like the most successful ones have their creator as their mascot. Sure, it might not be possible to be a successful selfie/modeling account without actually posting photos of yourself (aside from the rare case of Ai/3D modeled and rendered influencers), but I'm wondering about something more on the product/review/lifestyle side of things.

Psychologically, humans want to connect with other humans, we are going to be instantly more attracted to an account with a face, one that's beautiful, maybe, interesting, or just relatable. We want to know who is behind all of this as we strive for human connection, especially in this world of distrust for sneaky capitalism.

So naturally, biologically, it makes sense that to be successful on social media, blogging, youtubing, or otherwise, 9 times out of 10, you need to show your face. Then the other 10% is content that doesn't require that... like the product its self (though, more and more people are wanting to see the face behind that as well), photography, architecture, cars, or other specific content that is somewhat separate from the human body.

I really want to start a blog... not really with the intention of "blowing up", but I do want at least a small handful of people to actually read it. For me, it's more of a creative endeavor, and a place that I can post my thoughts on a topic, if someone wants to read, and benefits from it, then great. I want to speak mostly of lifestyle-related things.. like sustainability, but also skin and gut health, as those are topics that I have dealt with extensively and feel like I've gathered a lot of knowledge on. But once again, those things are related to the body, and I'm talking about my own experiences so for that matter it really makes sense for my to involve myself directly.

The thing is that I don't want to. I do feel comfortable putting myself out there but I have other career paths that also involve the use of social media and I don't really want "belittle" myself as a blogger (I don't look down on that by and means by the way, but some people do).

Obviously bottom line is - "do it, put yourself out there, you shouldn't care what anyone else thinks" - or - "you don't have to put your fact to it if you don't want to, whoever wants to read, will come". But, is it possible to run a successful blog or social media 'thing' without attaching your identity to it?

submitted by /u/innowayisthisme
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
October 21, 2019 at 05:41PM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger