-->

Facebook removed 2 BILLION fake accounts and asked for my real name, real pictures and even ID...


Advertisemen


Facebook removed 2 BILLION fake accounts and asked for my real name, real pictures and even ID...
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I've read this in the news, that this year Facebook has taken down more than 2 billion "fake" accounts.

I'm very concerned about my privacy on the internet. I've had bad experiences with a number of stalkers, people using my pictures, investigating my life, etc. Also, I used to have only one "real" Facebook profile: for family, professional use, discussions and dating. But mixing all those things up has caused me too many problems... Like, you are in a group discussing about religion, politics, etc. and all of a sudden your co-workers are there arguing with you (this has caused me so many problems at work). Or you express your views on Islam, and some Muslim threatens to kill you. It's also very embarrassing when your admirers keep commenting your photos saying how sexy you are... and your boss, students, family, nieces and mother can read all that. So I've decided to create different profiles: one for family and friends, one for professional use and another one for group discussions and dating. I also use a social name, since I don't like my real name, it's difficult to spell and I live in a foreign country where people cannot pronounce it.

But Facebook has taken down all my profiles... When I try to enter, it says: you must use your real name, real face and send us your ID with photo. Only an authority like the police can ask for my ID! I think this is very invasive and concerning... how much power they have and how they are controlling people's lives and the world.

What do you think about these Facebook policies and practices?

submitted by /u/LucSilver
[link] [comments]

https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
July 01, 2019 at 12:58AM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger