-->

Quit social media but still want an online prescence


Advertisemen


Quit social media but still want an online prescence
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Ironically, I have come to despise using social media for solely personal gains where I'd just post about my weekend or see other's post about their night out. I don't care about there posts and they probably don't care about mine. I am also sick of this 'who got more likes and followers' war and the social validation that comes along with it.

I have many hobbies and I consider myself a creator, not just a consumer so I would like a place to share my photos for people to use that isn't Facebook or Instagram. I also have developed an online small music brand over the past 10 years and after a hiatus I want to get back into it.

It seems a lot of my 'local' friends or acquaintances don't give a shit about these things so I don't care if I don't reach out to them.

I was thinking of creating a website that acts as my central hub to all of my other outlets such as online side-projects, small websites I have created, my esoteric blog, photography, music etc.

I worry that I might seem like a narcissist but when I compare my online activity to these typical Instragram, Twitter and Facebook users, then I know I am far from a narcissist.

I actually want to share things that people can use and enjoy rather than just for my own social validation.

Has anyone done this? How did it work out?

submitted by /u/ThePersonof21
[link] [comments]

http://bit.ly/1ODA6gd
May 17, 2019 at 06:43AM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger