-->

[FB] What are the factors in 'people you may know'?


Advertisemen


[FB] What are the factors in 'people you may know'?
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Time for a backstory, feel free to skip.

So, I have been in class with someone for about 2 years now. Never have I seen that person come across in my list of 'people you may know' during that whole time even though I did look up their profile. The ending of my exams in November was the last time I saw that person. Now we're finishing this year of school and are about to graduate after our 4 month internship.

Now, that person moved to the other side of the continent to do a split internship and suddenly that person is appearing at the very top of my 'people you may know' list for the past month. It's so consistent that I almost find it creepy.

I did some digging around and of course Facebook uses the usual stuff like mutual friends and location. But, we only have 2 mutual friends, live around 2000km away from each other and never had any contact on Facebook. Bonus round, other people below that person have way more mutual friends. So I'm wondering, what else could Facebook use to recommend that person? I found some theories that Facebook recommends people that look at your profile but while those sound plausible, they haven't been confirmed by anyone.

Any theories?

submitted by /u/ImprovedMomentum
[link] [comments]

http://bit.ly/1ODA6gd
May 15, 2019 at 09:16PM
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos that exist on the web sometimes come from various sources of other media. Copyright is fully owned by the source. If there is a problem with this matter, you can contact us here.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments

© Copyright 2017 Viral InfoBuzz - All Rights Reserved - Template Created by Viral infobuzz & anabien - Proudly powered by Blogger