Advertisemen
Need help tagging people who 'like' my business page.
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Hi,
As the title suggests, I'm having difficulty tagging/mentioning people in posts on my company's page. Mainly with people that have shorter last names .. or with only an initial for a last name. The long names are easy as I can go on typing until the real profile shows up.
eg: Page runs a contest, uses post to announce winners. Winner #1 - Brian S. While trying to tag, all I see are Brian Smith/Shaw/Stevens/Sampson/Simmons (all of which do not like my page, where as Brian S, does) etc.
For some strange reason, the drop-down that shows when you start tagging/mentioning someone is filled with random names. Instead of prioritising the people that have liked/followed my page, it gives me random people. I don't even get how that makes sense and why this is how Fb has built it to be.
Is there a way to tag someone using a uid, so that there's no doubt it is the person in question.
Have been looking everywhere but most posts are unanswered or there's only an old solution. Has anyone been able to figure out a fix?
TIA
[link] [comments]
https://ift.tt/1ODA6gd
March 28, 2019 at 04:19PM